Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good Times

So over the weekend we went up to North Dakota for a wedding. It was for our friends that we were stationed in Germany with. It was AWESOME! I love being military those days because it's so much fun to keep in touch with friends from all over the world. And that's where they all live now. I thought that ND was one of the best places I have ever been too and would move there in a heartbeat. I can't believe that I'm writing that, but I am. They are very smart about stuff there. They have these windmills that produce so much energy that people and towns have a surplus of energy. Can you believe that? So now I'm thinking....what if military bases did that? We need to invest in this and I'm going to see what I can do to suggest it! In fact, I'm inspired now to see what else my spouses group can do for the squadron. We need better communication. It's sorely lacking!

So about the wedding. The groom's dad is from Cleveland, Ohio and swore to all of us that deer bark and that's how they communicate. He actually told this to the bride's dad who is a farmer. Hmmmm...car salesman from Ohio knowing more about nature, farming and hunting vs. Farmer Guy from ND...I don't think so. He was pure comedy the entire time and that's what I loved about being there. The groom's dad was "that guy" and it was funny!

No comments: