Monday, July 7, 2008

What do you do?

What do you do when you watch a friend lose it? She's always been the one that you've set your standards by as a military wife and now she's calling you, crying, and losing her mind. Her kids are running around and fighting and she's having a meltdown because her husband is TDY. You go to her and help obviously, but this is something that changes you. You realize that she's not as tough. I actually think it's nice that she's not as tough as I thought. I know it's hard for all of us military wives and for my friend she's a mom of a 3 year-old and twin 18 month olds and all boys. They are the most wonderful children and you can only sit and think "Dang, I hope my kids turn out half as good!"

The sad reality is that they go away, they go TDY, and they go to war because we're in a war. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to keep it together because your family needs you. Families are now incomplete because of war and we have to keep it together for these families that are struggling. And even though my friend may have had a weak moment, the military family that she has created stepped in to be there. To me that's the best part about being a military wife...you create new family to help! And it makes all the difference.

Get that new family when you move to your new base, or get that family at the base you're at now. You will need them. They will make all the difference!

No comments: