Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Little Inspiration and A Little Fire

I love it when I wake up and want to know the answers to the big questions in life.  It feels good...gets the blood pumping!  I'm so excited that I have to dive right in. 

1. How many of you have actually read the Constitution? Where in the Constitution is the claim that the only people that protect my freedoms are the US military? Last I checked, they to help protect and defend it, but they aren't the only ones. Why can't we? I'm a citizen and I have read this document and know that the military can't do anything without legislative or executive branch approving their actions.

2. Why do people get caught up in the petty crap at church? The whole reason I don't go to church is because I don't like most people that go. They get upset about the lamest crap. To me, it's a distraction from the real message and that is love and tolerance. Aren't those the things that Jesus preached??? Last time I read the Bible, that's what he was talking about. Also, why is it that Christians pick and choose the parts of the Bible they want to follow? Let's hate homosexuals, let's try to convert people to "our" way of thinking, and let's judge everyone that doesn't follow what we want. I don't remember reading, that Jesus would damn people to hell if they didn't follow "his" way.

3. Because I'm a liberal, I viewed as some Communist freak that must want a super large gov't that will strip away our rights. Last I checked, we get our rights from the gov't. How is it that people don't know this stuff? Not because the gov't "allows" us to, but because we are all an instrument of this country and we should be proud of our differences and tolerant of each other.

It's hard to turn the other cheek and rise above. It's really hard when people won't even listen. Since some of you here are a little more on the conservative leaning side, did you know that it took GW Bush 5 years to go and see the troops he sent to Afghanistan? He didn't go and see them until 2006. Get your facts right, do some research; come at me with something good and worth my time.

Oh, and one last thing that has been burning my ass lately...how is it that people join the military, no matter the branch, they can't believe they're deploying when we've been at war for almost 10 years!!! I have two good friends that I've met here and all of us have husbands that are deploying, we all have new babies and are first time parents. By no means do I want to see Jeremy go, or my see my friends pack up their husbands and send them off. It's not a good time, I think a root canal is more fun, but it's their job. It’s what we do.

I am working on getting myself a job, a master's degree; I'm raising a child, and keeping a pretty clean house. These are the things that Jeremy and I talk about. I wake up thinking about them, I research them, I try to figure it out. All I know is this: I'm going to do right by my family, smile, and have fun.

No comments: