Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Yesterday

I am struggling to find the words to write out my day. It seemed like a typical day in deployed family land, which means that the day started out great, but ended up with all hell breaking loose. I was feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. I guess I’m just used to having my real husband around, not a giant foam board sticker version.



Ian’s well baby check up went well. He played with his daddy again and it made me smile. He actually got super mad at me when I moved FDJ out of the playpen. He talked to Jeremy, smiled and laughed at him. I had to take pictures of course. I know that he misses Jeremy, and I know that Ian can feel my stress and my desire to just have Jeremy around. Somehow though, he’s making this a little easier. Now if my nine month old could get our house taken care of and fix my hernia, then I would be more impressed than I already am with him.




We all went up to the base for Ian’s well baby check up and he’s doing just fine. When I walked into the clinic with my son and Flat Husband, I could see the looks that people were giving me. An older woman asked what I was doing, and when I explained it to her, she got quiet and smiled at Ian. He was sitting in his stroller with his FDJ and an ear to ear grin. I had a couple of people call me creative and a warrant officer said he was going to tell his family about the Flat Daddies. I think the best part of the appointment was the fact that the doctor didn’t think that it was weird and she even commented on how much Ian looks like Jeremy and me.


Somehow throughout this time, Ian became very over stimulated, and he wouldn’t nap. I spent hours trying to convince my child that he needed to nap. I seriously was at my wit’s end with this today, and then the house inspection came in. There are a couple of things that must be fixed for the VA loan to go through. Here’s the thing, it’s not like I didn’t expect this since we’ve decided on an older home. I just wished that I could talk to Jeremy about it. This is something that I want to talk about with my husband. I have to admit that I looked at the flat version of him and asked him what he would want us to do. Somehow, through all my stress and frustration, I could hear Jeremy’s voice. It was so clear to me. I took a deep breath and realized that if these couple of things aren’t fixed to meet the loan requirements then we won’t get the house. It’s really simple.


Tomorrow I’ll find out what to do next. Tomorrow will be better and Ian will get his naps (cross my fingers), and I will have to limit his FDJ time. I think it revs him up too much and that’s not fair to any of us. Yesterday seemed so easy because it was such a novelty day. Today, it was time to take care of business and that’s why it was more difficult. I miss him. I miss him so much.

No comments: