Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blessings and such

Today I woke up thinking about all the people that have been in and out of my life.  I thought about the people that I've been great friends with and lost along my journey.  I thought about those that I lost and found again.  I thought about those that are still in my life.  Mostly, I have thought about those that are now my family.  You make me smile...all of you...all of the time.  My husband says I live in the past.  I think about it too much and live on the memories.  I don't agree, of course.  I live in the present and keep the past close to my heart. Some of the things that went on before, I don't want to happen again.  Some things I do. 

Being a military kid, and growing up in a foreign country was different.  I loved my childhood and I loved my home.  I still call Germany home because it is.  I think that military kids have a different outlook on life and it's something that I embrace and hope to share with my little one.  I want my son to see the world and all of its possibilities like I did and still do.  He may lose touch with some people when he's growing up, but like me, he will smile when he thinks of them.  They are his friends.  They are blessings in his life. 

As we finish up the journey towards Christmas this week, please remember to count your blessings in life.  Count them all and be thankful.  Hold people close to your heart, even if you can't hold them close to you in person.  Every single day, I think about the people in my life.  Thank you for being my blessing and thank you for making my life good!

No comments: