Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It Became One of Those Days

My day started so great. I rediscovered this blog, I played with my child, and I hugged my husband. But as the day progressed I let reality creep into my mind. We have a cute house that we are renting here in Fayetteville the problem is that the previous tenents had two very large dogs that had fleas. We caught this before we moved it and thought it was fixed. We were wrong. My cat has fleas and is becoming very sick from them (she goes to the vet tomorrow), they have bitten my son and me, and both of us are having reactions to the bites. My baby is now congested again, and seems unhappy. I'm hoping it's just getting used to the allergens of the new house, but I could be wrong. Thankfully he goes in next week for his well baby check up. We are doing everything we can and now the property manager is sending out a professional bug man. So on top of having just moved in, we have a horrid pest infestation and I'm so sad. Tonight as Ian was crying, my cat was laying on the floor meowing in pain, I started to cry. I felt like a bad mom. I've done something wrong by wanting this house. Jeremy didn't want this place at first and I convinced him it was a good house and neighborhood for us. All I can think about is if I made a mistake. It's too late now because we signed a lease, but if this problem isn't taken care of in the next few days then my only option is to go to Jeremy's command and the housing office. I hope that we can get this fixed.

I know I'm not a bad mom, but today I really felt badly about myself and my decision. Tomorrow, I will have a different outlook. I can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments: