Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Starting Over...Again

I have tried this before. I have failed at this before. Well, I don't know if I would call it failing as much as I haven't kept up with something that I like. That needs to change. Since I started this a couple of years ago a lot has changed. My husband deployed, came home, I got pregnant, I had the most awesome baby EVER, and we moved to an Army post named Ft. Bragg. It's home to the 18th Airborne Corp and the 82nd Airborne. We have Army Rangers, Green Berets aka Special Forces, and Delta here. What's interesting is that you can find out all of this online. Ha ha ha!!! I feel like a stranger in a strange land. To steal from an old Army slogan, I'm an Air Force of One. There are no AF Family Readiness Group Coordinators. They shy away from it because it's Army. The problem with that mentality is that it's isolating. I don't like being isolated from family support. So, here's what you will get when you read this blog: You will read about my adventures of being an AF wife on the most patriotic Army post EVER, a new mom, a happy mom, a FRG Coordinator, a teacher, and a woman. I'm just trying to get by in a world that sends my husband away to war zones and then returns him to me a different man. I'm just trying to get by in a world that I don't fully understand because my almost 4 month old can't tell me how he feels. I'm an Air Force wife and I am very proud to be one!

No comments: